Saturday, May 18, 2013

Gluten free mexican casserole (easy)

Had to come up with a quick casserole that I could feed to a group of people. The theme was Mexican food. I wanted to do quesadillas but couldn't take the time to make them one by one, so I came up with this:

In a large casserole dish lay down one layer of corn tortillas. I broke some apart to cover the whole bottom.
Add a whole can of Chili beans including the liquid (these are flavored beans, no meat)
then add a layer of shredded cheese (I used a mozzarella mixture)
do this all again and top with thick tomato slices and more cheese and a mixture of granulated garlic, powdered ginger, turmeric and sweet paprika as well as some nutritional yeast.
(optional add wheat germ to make a crust--this has gluten however)

put in a 225 degree F oven until heated through and the cheese is melted 

No comments:

Post a Comment