Friday, April 19, 2013

Easy Mashed Potatoes

I love mashed potatoes and I almost never made them because I saw them as a multi-step process. Then I figured out how to make them quickly and easily.

First scrub enough potatoes to fill a large microwave safe bowl, then cut into one inch cubes (I leave the peel on for nutrition and flavor and because it saves time.)

Chop a small handful of onion.

While you are doing this heat a small amount of water in the bowl in the microwave.

Add the chopped onion to the bottom of the bowl then the cubed potatoes.

Cover with a microwave safe lid (I use a glass plate) and cook until tender (this can take 10-15 minutes depending on your microwave -I use the baked potato setting on our microwave)

When cooked there will be some liquid in the bottom that I leave there because it contains some of the nutrients from the potatoes, add a stick of butter and some milk along with salt, pepper and granulated garlic, mash and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment